An oxalic acid vaporizer can be used all-year-round with all types of hives. Recommended outside temperature is at least +2 °C.
OXALIC ACID VAPORIZER USAGE
Using oxalic acid requires using personal protection equipment, gloves and eye protection with an acid-proof respirator!
- Device must be connected to a power grid or to a generator in order to use oxalic acid vaporizer!
- For using the device, it is important to turn the device on – it is ready to be used in 5 minutes, the device retains the set temperature.
- Open the end of the tube and the cover on the tube; pour the required amount of dry oxalic acid on the heater. After this, the cover is closed.
- To begin with, a one-time dose of oxalic acid per two housings is 15 g, per one housing it is 10 g. This amount ensures that in ca 2 min consistently thick and intense steam is generated. This steam is directed into the beehive using the ventilator on the oxalic acid steamer. The amount of oxalic acid can be increased, if need be – there is no danger of oxalic acid overdose for bees.
- The steam which exits the tube is on ca +40 °C (safe for bees).
- Oxalic acid vaporizer cools slowly. Preferably use a boxcar, trailer or a van when transporting the device to next bee group to create overpressure in the cabin. Transportation of the warm device in the cabin of a passenger car is forbidden!
- Special syringe to dose OA comes is included with the oxalic acid vaporizer.
Voltage 230 V, maximum power 450 W
Low power consumption
Weight 4.5 kg
Length 600 mm x Height 250 mm x Width 150 mm
If you are interested in other products, then browse our product catalogue here.
ASTEN’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL
More videos from our products can be seen on our YouTube channel –Asten’s Honey YT channel