Can be used all-year-round with all types of hives. Recommended outer temperature is at least +2 °C.
Using oxalic acid requires using personal protection equipment, gloves and eye protection with an acid-proof respirator!
- Device must be connected to a power grid or to a generator!
- For using the device, it is important to turn the device on – it is ready to be used in 5 minutes, the device retains the set temperature.
- Open the end of the tube and the cover on the tube; pour the required amount of dry oxalic acid on the heater. After this, the cover is closed.
- A one-time dose of oxalic acid per two housings is 15 g, per one housing it is 10 g. This amount ensures that in ca 2 min a consistent thick and intense steam is generated. This steam is directed into the beehive using the ventilator on the oxalic acid steamer. The amount of oxalic acid can be increased, if need be – there is no danger of oxalic acid overdose for bees.
- The steam which exits the tube is on ca +40 °C (safe for bees).
- The device cools slowly. Preferably use a box car, trailer or a van when transporting the device to next bee group to create overpressure in the cabin. Transportation of the warm device in the cabin of a passenger car is forbidden!
Voltage 230 V, maximum power 450 W
Weight 4.5 kg
Length 600 mm x Height 250 mm x Width 150 mm